There are some issues that are more difficult for us to talk about, but being informed about it helps us find solutions. Hair loss is a very common problem among women and can happen to us even from a young age.
There are many factors that may cause it, and it is important to know that you should not feel ashamed about it. You are not alone and many women go through the same situation as you.
Today in our #TuesdayBlog we will talk about some of the most common causes of hair loss and several tips that can help you fix and prevent it.
Difference between women and men
Hair loss in women often see diffused hair thinning and/or a widening part, whereas men see a receding hairline and/or a bald patch at the crown of the scalp. This is caused because the growing cycle of follicles of the hair shortens causing the hair shaft to get thinner and thinner over time until eventually it falls out and doesn’t regrow.
Most common causes:
Some of the things related to health that can cause hair loss are:
- Thyroid problems.
- Low blood levels of iron.
- Physical stress caused by interventions such as surgery or childbirth.
- Inflammation due to diseases such as psoriasis.
- Fungal infections.
- Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy.
Your lifestyle is key!
In addition to health-related causes, our lifestyle can also cause hair loss:
- Stress: No doubt stress affects our body in many ways, and it can cause inflammation of the hair follicles and make them to fall out.
- Bad eating: As with any part of our body, good eating helps us stay healthy. Reducing the intake of fat and sugar, and eating a balanced diet gives us the necessary nutrients to keep hair follicles strong.
- Extreme diets: If you lose or gain weight radically then all of your body, including your hair, suffers effects of all kinds. Try to maintain a proper diet instead of occasionally making intense diets.
Some helping hacks
If your problem is directly related to your state of health or if you feel it is very serious, then visit your doctor as soon as possible to get solutions according to your needs. However, you can do some quick hacks that are quite helpful:
- Makeup in the hair: You can use eye shadow on the parts of your head where there is a slight loss of hair, this will help hide it for several hours.
- Not so tight hairstyles: You can also lose hair with very tight hairstyles such as ponytails that pull it out excessively.
- Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioners: Search for products with natural ingredients and less chemicals.
- Limit heat: Try to use your dryer and hair straightener as little as possible. This burns it out and damages your scalp.
- Do not go over the top with color dying: We know that we love experimenting with new colors, but try to moderate how much you dye your hair in order to not mistreat it excessively.
Let nothing affect your confidence! We understand your problem and many of us go through similar situations, so try to change your daily habits to improve your health and prevent hair loss. When necessary, don't be afraid to seek help from a professional.
A healthy lifestyle is also essential for every day style and #AttitudeBocaRosa